- What inspired the name of the band and the style?
Peter Ellis: The band’s name is a summation of all we stand for, we are a “monument” to true British heavy metal and are here to continue its legacy.
- How do you approach song writing?
Peter Ellis: It usually all starts with me jamming on my stratocaster until I play something that sounds good to me at the time, I then develop and build uponthat idea.
- On the new album, what was the thinking and set up behind it?
Peter Ellis: We just wanted to create the best album we could, like we always do, there was no particular thinking behind it, we just went in to do a great album.
- Are there any songs that explore particular themes?
Peter Ellis: Mainly they are about urban life in London, history and personal relationships.
- How does this new album differ from the previous two albums?
Peter Ellis: I think it is definitely our strongest album yet. The songs are really cohesive in this album and I have definitely matured a lot as a songwriter which I think shows in the new tracks. Also, the addition of Tony Newton as our producer really helped to bring out the real sound of the band.
- Which songs are you looking forward to playing live?
I am really looking forward to playing Attila, Death Avenue and William Kidd live.